- General nutritional health – iV therapy can help replenish nutrients, minerals & vitamins essential to health, mood and skin tone.
- Recovering from cold/flu – iV therapy can help boost your immune system to reduce the effects of illness.
- Recovering from illness – iV therapy can help patients with chemotherapy, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and dialysis feel better.
- Immune System – iV can strengthen the immune system to fight off pathogens that lead to illness.
- Before & after sports competitions – iV therapy helps marathoners, body builders and other athletes perform their best and recover quicker.
- Boosting energy & metabolism – Providing nutrients which are essential for enhancing metabolism.
- Hangover relief – iV therapy relieves hangover symptoms.
- Anti-aging – Specialized iV treatments, Like NAD+, may slow aging.
- Addiction recovery – Specialized iV treatments, like NAD+ help reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms during recovery.
PrimeMD Cellular Health is the Triangle’s trusted provider of Nutritional iV therapy.
Glutathione improves the health of your cells. It acts in your body:
- As an anti-aging agent
- To help fight obesity
- As a liver detoxer
- To prevent and reverse acne and wrinkles
- To improve age spots, brown spots and dark eye circle by protecting the skin against oxidative damage
Iron is needed to make hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that acts in your body:
- To enable your blood cells to carry oxygen in the body
- To treat fatigue
- To treat anemia
- To increase energy
Magnesium creates a cellular energy and boosts energy production to promote activation of enzymes in your cells which help:
- Reduce fatigue
- Regulate muscle and nerve function
- Regulate blood pressure
- Mitigate migraines frequency and severity
- Decrease GI irritation such as constipation, cramps, flatulence and indigestion
- B Complex-B6 & B12
B Complex is active at the cellular level in the function of your brain and nervous system acting:
- To support nervous system
- To regulate blood sugar levels
- To support red blood cells
- To nourish skin, hair and nails
- To enhance energy and boost metabolism
L-Carnitine builds stamina playing a crucial role in producing energy by mobilizing fatty acids to aid in:
- Decreasing LDL cholesterol
- Promoting muscle growth
- Aiding recovery from exercise
- Increasing stamina
- Helping prevent fat storage
- Inducing fat metabolism
Zinc supports your body’s T-cells that occur in various organ systems, tissues and bones:
- To help increase immunity
- To aid in jet lag and post travel immunity
- To maintain thyroid function and regulate hormones
- To enhance athletic performance
- To help heal wounds
- To help libido in men
- MIC – Methionine | Inositol | Choline
Amino acids are the building blocks of your cells that act in your body:
- To break down fat & boost metabolism
- To improve gut-nerve function
- To help keep energy consistent during workouts
- To help treat some seizure disorders, dementia and alcoholism
- To help reduce anxiety and improve mood, concentration and attention span
- To regulate leptin, a key fat regulator in the body
- Vitamin C
Vitamin C can help your body at a cellular level by:
- Helping fight inflammation
- Helping produce collagen which aids in repairing wounds
- Helping fight heart disease risk factors
- Helping lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
- Vitamin D
Vitamin D receptors are found in cells all over the body affecting:
- Weight loss and metabolism
- Hormone regulation
- Preservation of telomeres for anti-aging benefits
- Improvement of mood
- Sustaining energy
Prime MD utilizes several agents that can help temporarily boost your metabolism. These compounds generally work by a process called thermogenesis, or increased heat production. This process stimulates energy use and can increase your metabolism and help burn calories, some examples are caffeine, capsaicin, and L-carnitine.
Vitamin Booster Shots
When a person receives a vitamin booster treatment, they are receiving a liquid mixture of vitamins and/or minerals directly into the blood stream. This allows the nutrients to be absorbed quickly allowing for higher levels of the vitamins and minerals in your body than if received from food or supplements due to factors that affect our body’s ability to absorb nutrients in the stomach.
These factors include age, metabolism, health status, genetics, interactions with other products we consume, and the physical and chemical makeup of the nutritional supplement or food. Higher levels of the vitamins and minerals in your bloodstream can lead to greater uptake into cells for cellular use and metabolism.
Amino acids are the building blocks of life. Our body uses 23 amino acids, connected in different patterns to build protein molecules – which your whole body is made of protein. It is used in the synthesis of muscle (actin, myosin), skin and connective tissues (collagen), enzymes (digestion of food) and hormones (insulin, growth hormone, thyroid hormone).
Amino acids are also used to make neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, adrenaline and GABA, which influence our moods, cravings and behaviors.
Amino acid IV therapy is the fastest and most effective way to deliver amino acids directly into your circulation, boosting your reserves and allowing update in your cells in higher concentration.
Hydration IV therapy allows your body to absorb nutrients and fluids without relying on the digestive system. It is more efficient than oral hydration and can allow the body to retain more of the nutrients administered.
PrimeMD offers the following prescription iV therapies. Other prescription therapies can be administered after physician consult.
Zofran – to treat nausea & upset stomach.
Solu-Medrol methylprednisolone – to treat allergic, dermatologic, gastrointestinal & arthritis conditions.
Toradol – to treat pain & inflammation.
NAD+ is a coenzyme needed to stay alive. As a “helper’ molecule, it binds to other enzymes to facilitate reactions at the molecular level which produce positive outcomes on your health.
When NAD+ levels are increased, cells produce more energy, healthy gene expression is upregulated, DNA is repaired, and metabolism is improved.
- Benefits of NAD+ therapy:
After NAD+ therapy, clients have generally reported the following benefits:
- Increased energy
- Improved mood
- Increased mental clarity
- Increased focus and concentration
- Improved memory
- Decreased pain
- Improved eyesight and hearing
- Enhanced sense of purpose
- Reduced cravings of substances
- Significant reduction of withdrawal symptoms
- Other Benefits of NAD+ therapy:
As NAD+ is a powerful and prolific molecule in the body, iV therapy can be helpful for many different conditions including:
- Substance abuse / addiction
- Anxiety / Stress Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Pain
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Behavioral Disorders
- Fluoroquinolone toxicity
Additionally, NAD+ therapy has been used extensively as an anti-aging and performance enhancing supplement. NAD+ qualifies as a supplement under FDA guidelines. These statements have NOT been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Intravenous NAD+ therapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- What is NAD+?
What is NAD+
NAD+ is a coenzyme you need to stay alive. As a “helper” molecule, it binds to other enzymes in your body to facilitate reactions at the molecular level and this produces positive outcomes on your health.
- How to boost NAD+ levels in your body
How to boost NAD+ levels in your body
You cannot adsorb NAD+ from your diet, but there are dietary precursors that do help your body make NAD+. For instance, you can increase NAD+ levels in your body by:
- Intravenous (iV) NAD+ administration is the most effective way to boost the level of NAD+ in
- Exercising. Along with many other physical benefits, this increases NAD+ levels.
- Eating raw foods rich in Vitamin B which help increase NAD+ levels.
- Eliminating processed foods which can make it harder for your body to produce NAD+.
- Consuming higher levels of proteins. Proteins obtained from foods such as poultry, fish, mushrooms, nuts and eggs are excellent sources of NAD+ precursors.
- Fasting. When you are fasting, your body produces more NAD+ to convert fat into energy. Intermittent fasting as part of your overall health plan can help you feel better and maintain your health and weight.
- Intravenous (iV) NAD+ administration is the most effective way to boost the level of NAD+ in
- How does the amount of NAD+ in my body affect my health?
How does the amount of NAD+ in my body affect my health?
Low levels of NAD+ are often accompanied by negative health consequences. As you age, your NAD+ supplies decline. Recently, research has shown that NAD+ has positive impacts at a cellular level in your body that affects the aging process, inflammation, sleep cycles, immunity, oxidative stress, and brain & nerve function.
- Why is NAD+ necessary for my body?
Why is NAD+ necessary for my body?
The depletion of NAD+ can negatively affect the health and functioning of your body at the cellular level and this results in cell death.
Here are a few conditions that can suppress levels of NAD+:
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Natural aging
- Brain injury or trauma
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Substance abuse
- Anxiety & depression
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- NAD+ & Aging
NAD+ & Aging
Research shows NAD+ levels in the body decline by about 50% by the age of 50. By the age of 80, NAD+ levels are reduced to only 10%. This partially explains the decline in cognitive function and ability to repair cellular damage with aging. It also leads to a decline in the function of cells and organs. As you age, the telomeres in your DNA shorten which increases disease risk. Recent studies show that replenishment of NAD+ slows this process.
- NAD+ & Substance Abuse
NAD+ & Substance Abuse
In some patients, NAD+ has been shown to significantly reduce the severity of craving associated with opiate and alcohol withdrawal as well as reduce the number of relapses.
iV Therapy Questions
HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST?
The hydration generally last for several days as your body utilizes and processes the excess volume of saline (salt water). Based on which iV treatment you receive, the metabolic stimulating effects and vitamin replenishment can last for several weeks.
CAN I GET TOO MUCH?
All of our iV formulations, including NAD+, are all designed as water soluble so that any excess amino acids or vitamins are able to be urinated and do not build up in the body to excessive levels.
WHAT FORMULATIONS DO YOU HAVE?
We have several formulations from basic hydration to advanced metabolism booster and lipotropic (fat burning) formulations that have various amino acids, vitamins, and minerals added based on your individual need: pre-performance, post-performance, Fatigue, metabolism boosting, skin brightening, etc.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET ONE?
We have several clients who receive weekly iV therapy and others come in just a few times a year for specific goals, this is entirely customizable and up to your individual needs.
DO I HAVE TO BE SICK?
No. iV therapy can be very helpful for pre and post workout recovery, specific nutritional deficiencies and to help improve metabolism and cellular health.
The SkinBetter team of aesthetic experts developed Restylane dermal filler and Dysport neurotoxin®. They have a profound understanding of skin aging and defying the effects of time.See All Products