Hormone Therapy For Men
Dr. Hummel's Hormone Treatment Process
Dr. Hummel will order a customized panel of your hormones and metabolism markers and will review your result. At your consultation, after obtaining your medical history and symptom log, Dr Hummel can make treatment recommendations to help alleviate your symptoms, improve your metabolism, and optimize your hormones safely.
Testosterone is a hormone secreted by the testes, adrenal glands and ovaries. Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone, responsible for male sexual development and critical in maintaining erectile function, libido, energy levels, mood, building muscles, and burning fat. It is responsible for supporting immune function, bone density, and skin tone. It controls a whole range of physiological functions throughout the body in both males and females.
Testosterone levels decline with advancing age. The decline begins when a man is in his mid to late 30s, and by the age of 80, is only 20% of what it was in youth. The number,of men in the U.S. between the ages of 45 and 70 years is expected to increase from 46 million in 1990 to 81 million by 2020. Currently, more than 5 million men in the UniteStates suffer from the effects of hypogonadism or Low Testosterone levels.
While the total testosterone does not drop drastically, the free testosterone, which is the biologically active form, does decline dramatically with age. Free testosterone makes up about 2-3% of the total amount of testosterone secreted. Increased estrogen levels, obesity, and insulin resistance in men can also cause a drop in the free testosterone levels. One way to help maintain testosterone levels is by reducing excess body fat. Weight training is another way to raise testosterone levels in both males and females.
In general, testosterone replenishment for andropausal men has the potential to prolong quality-of-life by decreasing many diseases of aging. Testosterone protects against cardiovascular disease; it can raise HDL (good) cholesterol, and can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. It can decrease blood pressure, excess body fat, and symptoms of arthritis. Testosterone is a memory enhancer for many men. It stimulates the cardiovascular system, the neurologic system, muscles, bones and the vascular system. It prevents tendon and joint degeneration and osteoporosis.
Dr. Hummel will help you determine the best form of administering testosterone replacement. The typical dose of bio-identical testosterone replacement is generally 1/20th to 1/40th of the dose that steroid abusers would use. He will monitor blood levels closely to achieve optimal hormone levels and functional outcomes.
Low Libido (Sex Drive) can be caused by both physical and psychological factors. Sometimes it’s both.
Physical issues that can cause low libido include Low Testosterone, prescription medicines, too little or too much exercise, alcohol and drug use as well as some chronic disease. Psychological issues can include anxiety, depression, stress, problems in your relationship, and an episode of poor performance. Generally, no one thing causes low libido and the issue needs to be addressed on multiple levels.
More than 5 million men in the United States suffer from the effects of hypogonadism, or Low Testosterone levels. The drop in testosterone levels can cause a number of issues in the body and are related to a number of other ailments – even diabetes.
This primary male sexual hormone is critical in maintaining erectile function, libido, energy levels, mood, building muscles, and burning fat. It is responsible for supporting immune function, bone density, and skin tone. It controls a whole range of physiological functions throughout the body in both men and women.
Benefits Of Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Increases libido for both men and women
- Less risk of Erectile Dysfunction
- Protects against cardiovascular disease
- Raise HDL (good) cholesterol
- Lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
- Decrease blood pressure, excess body fat, and symptoms of arthritis
- Memory enhancement
- Stimulates the cardiovascular system, the neurologic system,muscles, bones and the vascular system
- Prevents tendon and joint degeneration and osteoporosis
- Can help both men & women.
Erectile Dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex. Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. If Erectile Dysfunction is an ongoing issue, however, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection can also be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease.
Erectile Dysfunction symptoms might include persistent: trouble getting an erection, trouble keeping an erection, or reduced sexual desire.
Sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile Dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Likewise, stress and mental health concerns can cause or worsen Erectile Dysfunction.
Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes Erectile Dysfunction. For instance, a minor physical condition that slows your sexual response might cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen Erectile Dysfunction.
Various Risk Factors Can Contribute To Erectile Dysfunction, Including:
- Medical conditions, particularly diabetes or heart conditions
- Tobacco use, which restricts blood flow to veins and arteries, can — over time — cause chronic health conditions that lead to Erectile Dysfunction
- Being overweight, especially if you’re obese
- Certain medical treatments, such as prostate surgery or radiation treatment for cancer
- Injuries, particularly if they damage the nerves or arteries that control erections
- Medications, including antidepressants, antihistamines and medications to treat high blood pressure, pain or prostate conditions
- Psychological conditions, such as stress, anxiety or depression
- Drug and alcohol use, especially if you’re a long-term drug user or heavy drinker
The hormone hCG is prescribed to increase natural testosterone levels as a result of the stimulation of the testes by the HCG. The treatment objective is to stimulate the male testes to naturally produce a greater amount of testosterone.
Benefits Of Hcg Therapy For Patient Undergoing Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Increases natural testosterone production by the testes
- Prevents loss of natural testosterone production by the testes while the male patient is undergoing testosterone hormone replacement therapy
- Prevents atrophy of testes while male patient is being treated with testosterone replacement therapy
- Increases physical energy and elimination of chronic Fatigue
- Improves sex drive
- Improves sexual performance
- Improves mood
- Reduces depression
- Increases lean muscle mass
- Increases sperm count and therefore male fertility
- Can be used with ketotic diet for weight loss assistance
- Can increase natural testosterone production if cause of Low Testosterone production is the prior use of anabolic steroids that decreased testosterone production
HCG Booster Therapy
(SERMORELIN + IPAMORELIN / GHRP-2)
Using natural hGH boosters such as Sermorelin + Ipamorelin / GHRP2 therapy has become an effective and popular alternative to increase one’s own production of hGH. These small proteins function as hGH secretogogues which increase the amount of natural hGH secretion in the body.
This compound works to increase the amount of HGH that your body produces, it does not add HGH to your body from an outside source which is where much of the troublesome side effects come into play. Sermorelin + Ipamorelin GHRP2 generally raises HGH levels 20 to 40%, which for most men and women is enough to evoke positive changes in the body without nearing levels that increase the risks described below.
Dr Hummel does not recommend pure hGH supplementation due to multiple risk factors: increased cardiac risk, suspected increased cancer risk, increased diabetes risk, increased risk of gynecomastia (breast tissue in males), as well as high financial cost.
BENEFITS OF SERMORELIN + IPAMORELIN / GHRP2
- Increases energy, vitality, strength and endurance
- Increases lean body mass by developing new muscle cells
- Breaks down body fat and fatty acids
- Improves heart function
- Increases calcium retention which strengthens and increases bone density
- Enhances the immune system and accelerates healing from wounds or surgery
- Promotes non-REM slow wave sleep
- Increases protein synthesis and stimulates the growth of all internal organs except the brain
It is a shot given subcutaneously under the skin each night on a cyclical basis.
The SkinBetter team of aesthetic experts developed Restylane dermal filler and Dysport neurotoxin®. They have a profound understanding of skin aging and defying the effects of time.See All Products